May 16, 2009

Was I rude, was I not?

I've received three ( still counting ) phone calls since morning from IDEA customer care center. College students refer to it as ICCC -> I triple C. All three callers were female. ( Fe, for short )

CALL 1 : ( 9948007356 )

Fe: Hello sir, this is from IDEA customer care.
Me: Yes please
Fe: Sir, since you are a  trusted customer who have been with us for long; we are giving you a free sim card sir. 
Me: We already have two add-on cards. Don't need any more, thank you!
Fe: Blah blah blah blah 
Me: No thanks
Fe: Blah blah 
Me: Bah 
Fe: Blah
Me: Bye


Five minutes later 

CALL 2 : ( 9948007362 ) 

Fe: Hello sir, this is from IDEA customer care.
Me: I have an extra sim card, do you want one? 
Fe: Yes sir, I have an extra sim card, do you want one? 
Me: Grrr. Who's this speaking? Your name please
Fe: ( something like ) Nafees
Me: Where are you talking from? 
Fe: ( in a low voice ) Karkhana
Me: Where exactly? 
Fe: Sir, IDEA main office. 
Me: What place did you say? 
Fe: Panjagutta ( in a even lower voice ) 
Me: Hmm 
Fe: Sir, why are you asking all this?
Me: I just received a call from the same office. If you are really concerned about serving trusted customers you would've known the fact that... wlah wlah wlah wlah 
Fe: Sorry sir, please don't be angry. 
Me: I am not. 
Fe: Your voice sounds like that. Sorry sir, we will not disturb you again. 
Me: Its alright. Bye :)

I felt very awkward, because that was the first time ever I lost my cool over the phone. ( and possibly for no reason ). Poor girl, she must have been so annoyed. I was halfway through calling her back and saying sorry when... 

CALL 3 : ( 9948007361 ) 

Me: Hello
Fe: Hello sir, this is from IDEA customer care.
Me: Yeah? 
Fe: Sir, since you are a  trusted customer who have been with us for long; we can give you a free sim card sir. 
Me: ( GRRR ) We do not require one thank you.
Fe: Are you sure sir? We are giveing it for free!
Me: ( Resisting temptation to shout ) Oh wow! But we do not need it as of now. I will call you whenever I am in need of one. 
Fe: Ok sir. Thankyou very much! Have a nice day! 
Me: Thanks. Bye!


So, basically after that call I didn't even think for a second I would call back to apologize Ms. Nafees ( or whoever it was ). It was a first showering-sarcasm-over-the-phone and it was funny :D. I have learnt one thing though. 

Being rude doesn't fetch anything : neither peace of mind nor an extra sim card.

And thanks to IDEA, I have my first post of the summer :)

2 comments:

gHoSt`RiTeR said...

nice one....nice thing to happen to someone....!! :)

Sravanthi Kovur said...

=D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...