This was a very important year for me and although not as special as I had imagined it to be, it was special in its own way. The idea of listing down he highs and lows seems to be the best thing to put down next but I would rather just jot down whatever I have learnt through the year:
- Being responsible and sensitive:
- be it while driving, chatting with friends or just plain working; I've realized its very important to be alert and responsible.
- Also, its important to respect each other be it at work, play or home and that is the best way to get forward in life.
- Action is always better than inaction:
- It takes time to push oneself to do things that become somewhat insignificant in life owing to priorities and I liked to play it my way most of the times.
- But in this day and age its very easy to forget somebody's birthday you never missed all your life or getting back to a message/email you could have responded to immediately. So in all such cases having reminders and adhering to them becomes important.
- Although, the consequences of becoming forgetful because we have nothing to remember is scary.
- Absorbing things quickly and consolidating as you go:
- I would love to know if this comes without the experience of having to going through a voluminous amount of work. This is one of the primary reasons I had joined work immediately after college rather than pursue higher studies.
- As my cousin said, I'm pursuing the karmic nirvana which just seems to go a little further with each step. Hopefully I'll catch up with it before Firefox version numbers catch up with that of Chrome.
- The trick in life and to a marathon:
- The trick is to never stop.
- Like a marathon we shouldn't be content finishing only half the work and must focus on completing it. Work and life are like never-ending marathons.
- And from my experience, if you keep learning you'll keep discovering more work and understand where to find more work.
- Its very important to not stop working nor stop thinking about work as that is the best way to keep improving oneself.
- Doing the most important thing first
- It took me a lot of time to convince my mind that something more important needs to be addressed first. I think the reason for this was I was trying to find a comfort zone and didn't want to leave it before knowing fully what the comfort zone was.
- But doing the most important things first also translates to doing the difficult stuff first and putting yourself out of comfort zones.
- Controlling your 'giving it back' attitude:
- I've always felt throughout the last year that its important to give it back to people when they don't treat you the right way or do something hurtful. Ironically, in a year where Kohli (the man with the temper) rose I've realized the calmer way is the right way to deal with things.
- In fact I would say not bothering about it and carrying on with your work is the best way.
- There are those rare childhood friends you'll have who won't invite you for their marriage, and form malignant opinions about everyone. You can always draw a line for them ;)
Mysteries to crack for the new year (mostly from the Gita)
I'll just take up two things:
I'll just take up two things:
- how do we detach ourselves from work and still excel.
- how to treat equally the success and failure resulting from work.
26 sounds formidable :D